Feb 4, 2013

(呟き)reading a book for learning grammar

I know I'm poor at English grammar and I know what I have to do. There is a set of questions at the back of English grammar in use that you can pin down the particular aspects of grammar that you need to study more. But it's just so boring and not tempting. I rarely causes misunderstanding when I text with English speakers, so it's okay for me to forget about grammar...

That's what I always talk myself into, but what if there is a way to improve my grammar other than studying with a textbook? Maybe I can learn grammar in a pleasurable way by focusing on the rules lie in sentences. That's like killing two birds with one stone that I can enjoy the book along with learning grammar. How nice.

I have two books in mind:
Words Fail Me: What Everyone Who Writes Should Know About Writing
Words Fail Me: What Everyone Who Writes Should Know About Writing Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
Wonder which would suit my purpose...

No comments: