Feb 5, 2013

(呟き)another book...

I wrote yesterday that I'm going to read some book closely for grammar learning, but it seems I have to end up being Peter as the classic story goes... I got several book recommendations from a member of edocco this morning and I read sample pages of each book on my kindle. To my delight, I found one of them very interesting because the theme of the book is just right for me. Above all, I was particularly impressed with a unique message written at the beginning of the book by the author;


(excerpt)
A little note about grammar. I know it and I love it, but I haven't always followed it in this book. I start sentences with ands and buts. I end sentences with prepositions. I use the plural they in contexts that require the singular he or she. I've done this for informality and immediacy, and I hope that the sticklers will forgive me.

Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
I think the author has to be very courageous and sincere person and she should be 100 percent confident that the book should have a great influence on readers and lead them to live more fulfilling lives even if sticklers get fussy and criticize her writing. Care to join edocco and enjoy reading together the book as for a bi-monthly book club?      

No comments: