Nov 7, 2010

books for when you feel down

For the last several days, I've been feeling down and my back ached a lot. I know why I have to feel this depressed; it's because I've got to discuss tadoku festival issues with other six supporters and pull together their ideas. It's fun but takes long time to come to a decision and consumes lots of energy. At the same time, I tried to listen to many voices from those tadokist scattered around Japan, and in the end, I'm kind of overwhelmed with meaningful but conflicting opinions.

I learned that it's not easy to work as a team when there is no hierarchy like a company. I didn't want to behave bossy just because I'm the longest practitioner of tadoku. I wanted to let other young new members to work freely as they want. But maybe I'm candid and also the oldest member in the team, others see me as kind of a leader and seemed to wait for my go. I don't feel comfortable about it, but I just need to alter my attitude and go forward for the purpose of holding an enjoyable event.
Now, do you have any books or DVD you'll likely to see especially when you're feeling down. I'm going to introduce you two books I recently bought and found very encouraging and inspiring.

First is a video I came to know in Terry's blog and I went so far as to buy his book, "Life without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life."
Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life
Life Without Limits: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life
The author was born with no arms and legs.
I remembered Ototake-san when I first watched this video and thought I'm such a idiot feeling miserable when he has to overcome lots of challenges everyday.

You're likely to be moved a lot watching the video, so watch it when you're feeling good.


Second is
Tomorrow: Adventures in an Uncertain World
Tomorrow: Adventures in an Uncertain World There are many other titles with this author and they all come with hilarious animal photos and warm messages.
At the Tadoku festival, we're going to display some books of penguin pictures, so you can take a peek of this if you want there.

No comments: