Feb 7, 2009

これからの教育&こんな授業受けたいな・・・

I sometime head for the school and education sections in the library and look for the titles which should give me some hints or perspectives to think about the education of my children, but contrary to my hope, I often end up being stressed out reading same kind of success stories of early learning, and hopelessly dragged into the call full of pressure saying, ride and stay on the main stream track right now, if not, your children are doomed to be losers.
I don't want my children to be losers, but how could they be so sure if they are teaching our children the very things what our children need to study for the totally new world, such as easily connected world with the web, which no one has ever experienced yet.
I guess I'm a little bit obsessed with the web and am lacking the experience of the real world, but the change of education is way too slow and running behind the rapidly changing global society. After all, I shouldn't waste my time wondering about the shelves full of vicious voices pretending to be wise and to tell the truth.
So, the very books, which helped me a lot not to be bothered by the voice of others and to look for the right way of education, are...
ぼくにとっての学校―教育という幻想
ぼくにとっての学校―教育という幻想
The author, Toshitaka Hidaka, is the pioneer of ethological approach in Japan, and my partner, who is a bit of living creature geek, is a big fan of him.
------------- off the subject ----------
So, this is out of track from today's topic, but here comes bit of my partner's story...Every time he catch me buying some rubbish titles such as English manga, he will go straight buy some books which definitely rubbish in my perspective such as,
土の中の小さな生き物ハンドブック
土の中の小さな生き物ハンドブック
樹皮ハンドブック
樹皮ハンドブック
都会のキノコ図鑑
都会のキノコ図鑑
ドコバラ!―シワの多いイケメン、大食い、美人薄命の謎
ドコバラ!―シワの多いイケメン、大食い、美人薄命の謎 (the author of this book is also a ethologist and a student of Hidaka)
------------ the end of out of track story ------------
The other book I'm really glad to come across and let me be free from the norm of education is might be arranged on business or economy shelves of bookstores.
フラット化する世界 [増補改訂版] (下)
フラット化する世界 [増補改訂版] (下)
This book is huge, but if you're interested in education, then go to the seventh section. He points out four elements our children should need to acquire to survive in the new world.
「学ぶ方法を学ぶ」能力
IQ(知能指数)よりもCQ(好奇心指数)とPQ(熱意指数)が重要
人とうまくやる
右脳の資質
Did you learn "how to learn" at school? I rather have learned not to learn or think in high school...

Next is the video of lessons in elementary school and I wish I could have taken such a class.
http://cps.answerstv.com/AnswersTV/Channel.aspx?ChannelID=8c947178-74b9-4e20-ab6f-403b35a0bb9b&StartPoint=Folder3006&PlayItem=9918&AP=true

The last great resource to consider the future education is a white paper from the Partnership for 21st Century Skills about 21st-century learning environments.
The paper emphasizes that learning environments should break down the barriers between education and "real life." and the need of physical flexibility of school buildings, classrooms equipped with movable furniture or walls, so classroom will be arranged with the particular needs of education.

昨日、女三人コストコへ行き、パワーショッピングしてきました!
痛んだのは、主に私以外のお財布ですが・・・雑貨店?で、あのお会計トータルには、ビックリした!?
で、すっきりストレス解消~したら、オタクな生活がまた楽し♪
それにしても、最近やりたいことと、それに見合った英語力との乖離があまりに大きく、ため息が・・・。
今の若い人たちには、もっと自由に泳げるようになってほしいなあ~

No comments: