Jun 17, 2008

sustainability from Japan

I often write about educational issues here, especially English education in Japan, so you might think that education is my biggest interest now.

Actually, there is another thing I'm really concerned about.
That is sustainability, how we should live to be able to hand in our beautiful world to the next generation.

I think there is lots of precious wisdom we have to live without making much burden to the environment, but unfortunately, this knowledge was not delivered well to the world.

For example, 'MOTTAINAI' is not a commonly used, almost dying, word in Japan, but it conveys very important concept for people living this affluent society.
MOTTAINAI is the very key lifestyle to reduce burden to the environment.

How careless we are that we couldn't recognize this precious value in MOTTAINAI, which this era needs the most, and let a person who is not Japanese work vigorously to spread its value all over the world.

I'd like to show some unknown knowledge Japanese have to the world and be a part of the movement to make a sustainable society.

This is one of the reasons why I want to improve my English.

To begin with, I'd like to introduce this site to you.
You can read both in English and Japanese.

http://www.japanfs.org/index.html

Visit Kids corner, create your future. It's written in simple English.
How about to join the candle night?

2 comments:

Chicosunny_e said...

emmie-san! G'day.

I love "candle night". I love it, I love it, I love it a lot!!!
Momo loves it as well. It makes the world much tenderer, warmer and blur. I prefer that way.

mrs. malone said...

Hi chico! well, blur is sometimes good...I don't need to see lots of dust in the living room. ^^
This organization, JFS, is run by many volunteers, so I'm wondering if there is something I could be of any help. I know many volunteer works I really want to do, but no paid jobs...Gee...