May 21, 2008

English correction

One of my friends in U.S.A. corrected my English writing.
Thank you so much!

This time, instead of correctging my original blog, I'm going to see
what kind of mistakes I tend to make.

[I love chocolate and I love tea..., and I need an exercise even rainy day.]
I love chocolate and I love tea..., and I need to exercise, even on rainy days.

mmm... sounds better.

[Hip-hop dancing sounds good, isn't it? if you can go with the rhythm.]
Hip-hop dancing sounds good, doesn't it? if you can go with the rhythm.

I know.

[10 minutes' exercise made me all sweat.]
10 minutes' of exercise made me all sweaty.

mmm.......of ........,'sweat' works as a verb and a noun.

[that my understanding of this word is completely useless!
that my understanding of this word is completely wrong.

yes, clear.

[The word anniversary is used totally different situation which I thought we should be able to use it.]
The word anniversary is used in a totally different situation than I thought we should be able to use it.

mmm...

[I'm so terrified if I learn English only with the help of translation and think I could understand it without having a chance to read or hear in a real situation, then I will be sure to make a terrible mistake.]
I'm so terrified that, by learning English only with the help of a translator, I will think that I understand it. But, without having a chance to read or hear in a real situation, I will surely make a terrible mistake.

Much much easier to understand.
mmmmm.......
I think that my writing is sometimes influenced by Japanese way of thinking.
I still have a long way to go. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Why not enjoy it!

No comments: